Strength & Conditioning/Performance Internship
The Strength and Conditioning/Performance Intern provides expertise, guidance, and training in the area of strength training, performance, and physical conditioning for all student‐athletes and sports teams in various locations. They conduct sport-specific testing sessions, design and implement safe and effective strength training and conditioning programs and provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention. Can be performed for school credit.
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice/training sessions. Implementing a comprehensive athletic performance enhancement program.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Arrange and conduct sports-related activities, such as training camps, skill-improvement courses, clinics, and pre-season try-outs.
- Evaluate athletes’ skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and potential in a particular area of athletics.
- Be present and punctual for all workouts with student athletes.
- Provide athletes with guidance and proper training techniques for free weights and other strength training equipment.
- Maintain/clean the weight room and all training areas of the facility and report any damaged equipment.
- Maintain up‐to‐date records of strength and/or performance programs of each team and specific individuals. File and organize workouts of every student‐athlete or team.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- Working towards higher education
- Experience with strength and conditioning/performance training programs.